bleeper

bleeper

Highjacked Heart - mousegirl05 The first half/story arc was alright. I kind of liked the whole concept of bulwarks & their completers, though it (battle bulwarks+completer) also kind of reminds me of the manga Loveless. The MC seemed a little on the tstl side, but I suppose he gets some slack since he's thrown into a completely foreign environment where the laws of physics/nature don't work as he knows it and no one will explain anything to him.Then the second story arc started and both the MC and his love interest lost all common sense, it seemed like, especially when it came to the cheating/rape incident. I mean, MC encounters a servant acting odd, drinks something the odd servant gives him, goes to bed, things start getting surreal or dream-like, he thinks he's sleeping with his lover but then wakes up to some strange woman in his bed along with a really bad headache and a furious lover, yet he never, not once, thinks something fishy's going on? Seriously? He's never heard of date rape drugs and can't figure out how he could've ended up in bed with someone not his lover, whom he can't even live without, even when he knows he's got enemies and people willing to do horrible things to him? After his lover breaks up (kind of) with him, does he even try to figure out what the hell happened? No, and he won't even ask anyone for any kind of help.As for MC's lover, well, what a dickhead. He's got some sort of mystical bond to the love of his life, the MC, so he can pretty much tell what MC's thinking or feeling, which means he should be able to sense that the MC's not lying about it, that the whole thing is causing the MC just as much pain, but does he find the situation at all suspicious or try to figure out what happened and how it happened? No. He just breaks it off and then proceeds to let himself and the MC suffer.It just became impossible for me to like either character after that. The writing is pretty decent and the world the author's created is interesting enough, though it doesn't seem very fleshed out (no explanations for these weird powers, how they work, why they exist, where they come from, what the moon has to do with anything), but I just couldn't get into the storyline and the characters.