bleeper

bleeper

The Crush - Elizabeth Lister Much like Lori K, I thought Jack seemed too immature. All he talked and thought about was sex. Most of what Jack & Michael do is have sex or talk about sex, even though they're both supposed to have this love of literature in common. They don't even bother talking about anything not sex-related until nearly halfway into the book after they decide, based on the sex they've had and the sex-talking they've done, to start a relationship and somehow they fall in love that way? I ended up skipping over most of the later sex scenes (which means I skipped most of the book :X). I couldn't understand what Michael saw in Jack that would make him want more than a one (or several) night stand.There was also no real reason for Jack's fear of starting a relationship and the excuse for hiding it just seemed contrived to create tension.Jack wasn't the only immature one, though -- the sister wasn't any better. She was a self-centered bitch (What she said about her own brother is really horrible, I think, and that comment to her gay brother about how the professor couldn't be gay 'cause he's a "real man"? Nice.) with an overblown case of entitlement -- anyone she sets her sights on isn't allowed to not fall for her or, worse, to fall for her brother instead. Despite this, it's Jack who has to make the grand gesture to ask for her forgiveness for lying, never mind how horribly she treats him. (Yes, I think he owes her an apology for that, but she owes him more than a tiny little "I'm sorry" in return.)I just couldn't see what was so great about her that Jack and Michael would be so anxious to appease her and make her happy with them.Overall, this book frustrated and annoyed me.